Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Pizzeria Paradiso -- Their Name Says it All

I am not a pizza connoisseur. I tend to enjoy it anyway it is served—hot, cold, thin crust or deep dish. That being said, I can appreciate a good pie when I have one, and that is exactly what Pizzeria Paradiso delivers.

What differentiates the pizza here is the crust. They cook all of their pizza in a wood-burning stone oven, visible to all in the front of the restaurant. It is their crispy-on-the outside, warm-on-the-inside brick oven taste, complemented by an array of fresh toppings that makes their pizza so good. I ordered the Margherita 12 inch, adding some red peppers and black olives. It was excellent. To drink, they have an ample selection of wines and an extensive collection of imported bottled beer. They also have beer on tap if you are so inclined.

They have two locations, in Georgetown on M Street and in Dupont Circle on P Street. I dined at the Dupont Circle location, which will be moving next door to a larger venue still under construction.

The service is excellent, and the restaurant is popular enough that there is often a wait for a table. Still, they have good turnover, and despite not having a table, and being fourth in line, my girlfriend and I were seated in no more than ten minutes. The excellent pizza, selection of drink, and reasonable prices make Pizzeria Paradiso a great place to meet friends, or for a casual date.

No comments:

Post a Comment